Director of Digital and Direct Response Fundraising
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to direct and improve the performance of the Foundation’s digital and direct mail fundraising program.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit research-based think tank in Austin, Texas. Established in 1989, TPPF promotes conservative principles and develops free-market approaches to public policy challenges affecting Texans and all Americans. To achieve its mission, TPPF analyzes complex issues, creates legislative policy solutions, and advocates for those solutions at the Texas Legislature, Congress, and other public forums.
Life at TPPF:
The Foundation offers a unique opportunity to be part of an organization that shapes the future of Texas & beyond through innovative thought leadership. At TPPF, you will have the opportunity to be part of an engaged team whose mission is to create a freer future for all Texans and Americans. We look for individuals who are passionate about advancing conservative public policy and embody servant leadership. With a strong belief in personal responsibility, we trust our people and want to empower them to make the right decisions for the right reasons – this is why it is crucial we bring the right people on board. We value our team and work to cultivate a culture of hard work, entrepreneurship, intellectual curiosity, and collaboration. As a team, we support one another and strive to create an environment in which our team members are inspired to excel, motivated to innovate, and empowered to be servant leaders for the cause of liberty.
The Director of Digital and Direct Response Fundraising is responsible for developing an annual multi-channel donor marketing strategy and schedule. This role oversees all donor marketing activities, including new donor acquisition as well as current donor retention through direct mail and digital communications. The Director manages a small team of staff and key vendor relationships to efficiently maximize the growth of TPPF’s donor pool. The ideal candidate will possess a proven record of experience in growing and managing effective large-scale fundraising programs, particularly in the realm of digital fundraising.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the strategy and growth of a digital fundraising program including new donor acquisition and current donor solicitation through email, social media, and other channels.
- Manage an outside vendor to execute a direct mail program that includes both new donor acquisition and house file cultivation and solicitation.
- Oversee management of a monthly recurring donor program, including oversight of new recurring donor acquisition, ongoing stewardship, and management of the re-acquisition process for lapsed donors.
- Oversee a strategic donor acknowledgement and stewardship program utilizing mail, email, and telephone outreach.
- Work hands-on with database to create solicitation and cultivation lists, assign tracking codes, create and update donor records, and analyze and report on fundraising program results.
- Create and manage the marketing calendar and meet all deadlines while delivering effective, error-free communications.
- Manage outside vendors to deliver top quality at low cost.
- Monitor direct response revenue and expense budget and ensure payment to vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least four years of experience in broadbase fundraising and/or marketing, ideally with expertise in both digital and direct mail fundraising.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to develop and adhere to a plan and meet deadlines but be flexible when needed.
- Good organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent command of the English language and writing/editing ability.
- Ability to write in different voices and communicate with donors at all giving levels.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge with Microsoft Office package, including but not limited to Teams, Outlook, Word, Publisher, and Excel programs.
- Knowledge of a complex donor database. Experience with Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT a plus.
- A personal commitment to the principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise.
Position to be based in Austin, Texas office.
Benefits at TPPF:
TPPF values our team members and strives to provide a comprehensive benefits package so that our people can focus on achieving the mission. We offer competitive salaries and excellent health insurance, for staff & dependents. In addition, we have generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policies, including holidays and parental leave, and retirement contribution matching.
To apply, please click the button below:
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation