The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a talented writer to enhance the Foundation’s donor communications and support the efforts of the development team. The ideal candidate will be someone with superior writing and editing ability and a passion for conservative philosophy, who enjoys a large volume of diverse writing projects. Candidate must be able to manage multiple stakeholders to meet numerous deadlines concurrently.
This position offers a unique opportunity to create original content rapidly in a variety of styles for many different purposes. The Development Writer crafts Foundation messaging for grant applications and reports, letters, newsletter articles, and much more, to communicate to donors and the public how the values of liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility ultimately result in greater opportunity, well-being, and prosperity for all Americans.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Rapidly produce high-quality written content that effectively communicates TPPF efforts and values, including grant reports, grant proposals, donor thank you letters, newsletters, solicitation letters, event invitations, emails, etc., meeting all deadlines for submission.
- Cultivate relationships with donating foundations through personal meetings, updates, and phone calls.
- Seek funding from new foundations through research, submission of letters of interest, phone calls, and other strategies.
- Copy-edit written communications for the fundraising program.
- Excellent command of the English language, including the ability to write in different voices and superior editing ability
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Good organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Cheerful and professional demeanor and high level of customer service
- High energy level and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to focus on priorities, demonstrating flexibility when needed
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Trustworthiness, discretion, and confidentiality
- A personal commitment to the principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise
- Experience using basic Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience crafting messaging for fundraising communications
- Knowledge of Texas History and American Civics
- Knowledge of the foundational philosophy of conservative thought, including the works of Locke, the Founding Fathers, Hayek, Friedman, etc.
The ideal candidate would be based out of the TPPF headquarters in Austin, Texas, but candidates who would be based in TPPF’s Washington, D.C. office will also be considered.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, writing sample, and references to:
Greg Sindelar, Chief Operating Officer
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the candidate who takes the position. The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation