The Texas Public Policy Foundation is hiring a Development Associate to expand and assist our fundraising efforts. The primary goals of the position are to support the Foundation’s fundraising activities by providing support to the development team, recording gift and donor data, and writing effective correspondence to funders about the Foundation’s activities.
The ideal candidate will be someone with excellent time management skills, attention to detail, and writing ability. This position offers a unique opportunity to balance business and administrative skill with creative communications and writing. Qualified candidates must be able to manage multiple stakeholders to meet numerous deadlines concurrently. Applicants who proceed to an interview will be required to submit a writing test.
The Development Associate must have a fierce commitment to quality, excellent communication skills, and a team-player attitude.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide administrative support to the Foundation’s development team, including daily donation processing, thank you letter creation and processing, production of team reports, administration of mailings, compiling meeting materials, logistical planning, and other duties as assigned.
· Support the major gift officer team, including preparation of briefings and itineraries for meetings, attending and assisting development events, entry of meeting notes, assistance with donor follow up, and other duties as needed.
· Produce high-quality written content that effectively communicates TPPF efforts and values, including activity reports, grant proposals, donor thank you letters, newsletters, solicitation letters, event invitations, emails, etc.
· Assist the donor communications team, including processing mail, updating donor records, donor follow up phone calls, and other duties as assigned.
· Work closely with the database manager to track pledges and pledge reminders, pull reports from the database, and complete data entry related to donor profiles and events.
· Copy-edit written communications for the fundraising program.
· Help with other fundraising activities as needed and assigned.
· Cheerful and professional demeanor and high level of customer service.
· High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
· Excellent command of the English language, including ability to write in different voices and superior editing ability.
· Ability to focus on priorities, demonstrating flexibility when needed.
· Self-starter mentality and the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team.
· Trustworthiness, discretion, and confidentiality.
· A personal commitment to the principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise.
· Experience using basic Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Intermediate to Expert knowledge with Microsoft Office Package, including but not limited to: Teams, Outlook, Word, Publisher, and Excel programs.
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM platforms is helpful.
· Prior experience working in a robust fundraising department preferred.
· Experience crafting messaging for fundraising communications.
To apply, please click the button below:
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the candidate who takes the position. The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation