Life: Powered is seeking a deputy director to direct and coordinate the activities of a nationwide coalition of civil society, academic, and private-sector entities to engage in a range of grassroots, policy, and media endeavors designed to change public narrative and ultimately policy on America’s energy sector Life: Powered is helmed by the Texas Public Policy Foundation, one of America’s foremost think tanks and forces for policy change for liberty.
The Life: Powered deputy director serves as the day-to-day manager of numerous campaign and research activities. These include establishing success metrics, conceiving and executing research endeavors, tracking progress towards objectives, keeping team members focused on producing deliverables, and leading meetings. The position coordinates internal and external communications, liaising with high-profile stakeholders, supporters, and, in some cases, the media, to build and maintain a coalition of supporters and generate a national and state-by-state dialogue that positions Life:Powered as a leading authority for energy and environmental policy.
This position will be housed at the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s headquarters in Austin, Texas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Production of research and commentaries on energy-related activities nationally, an opportunities to highlight federal overreach and/or state solutions to that overreach.
- Assembly of a coalition of allies from across the country for the advancement of the goals of Lift: Powered Project.
- Coordination of activities across multiple states and at the federal level necessary to advance our message.
- Engagement with the Texas legislature as necessary to track, educate and inform on matters related to the Life: Powered Project.
- Assisting the director on all aspects of the center, including writing papers, op-eds and social media to advance the project’s goals.
- Working knowledge of the energy industry.
- Demonstrated success in organizing and managing large-scale projects.
- Excellent writing, editing, and public presentation skills and legal research
- Experience and proficiency in interacting with legislators, media, stakeholders, and the general public.
- Ability to comprehend/analyze complex legislative and legal issues.
- Ability to effectively advocate for the Foundation’s principles and recommendations.
- Experience with basic software applications such as those in the Microsoft Office suite.
Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range and a writing sample to Gina Van Dyke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation