Life:Powered, a national initiative of the Texas Public Policy Foundation to raise America’s energy IQ, is seeking a Communications Manager to raise the project’s national profile as a leader in the arena of energy and environmental policy.
Life:Powered has brought together a stellar group of policymakers, thought leaders, and influencers to reframe the national discussion about energy resources and advocate for energy policies that promote economic freedom and advance the human condition.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong communication skills, with the ability to independently meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities. Experience in social media marketing, advertising, and public policy communications is also strongly preferred. Like a startup company, Life:Powered is treading new ground, and this role will demand an entrepreneurial mindset and flexibility.
This position will be located at the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s headquarters in Austin, Texas, just two blocks from the Texas State Capitol. Its presence and activities, however, will be national in scope and include promoting legislation in multiple states and Washington, D.C.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and promoting content through social media, email marketing, and traditional online and print media and maintaining Life:Powered’s presence across a wide variety of platforms.
- Assisting the Life:Powered team in writing commentaries, research papers, one-pagers, and other materials to advance the project’s goals.
- Serving as the point person to coordinate with the Foundation’s communications, events, and development departments as well as senior leadership.
- Assisting with Life:Powered’s legislative efforts across multiple states and at the federal level; engaging with legislators and coalition partners to effectively promote priority issues.
- Proactively identifying and taking advantage of opportunities where the Foundation can affect public policy on the campaign’s issues.
- 1-3 years of communications and/or digital marketing experience.
- Excellent research, writing, and public presentation skills.
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office, Canva, and/or Adobe products to create visually appealing and effective marketing materials.
- Passion for advancing the principles of liberty, personal responsibility, and free enterprise in the realm of energy policy.
- Experience in the public policy sector, including interacting with legislators, media, stakeholders, and the general public.
- Demonstrated success in organizing and managing large-scale projects.
- Working knowledge of the energy industry, especially oil and gas, utilities, and renewable energy.
Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range and a writing sample to Jennifer Carter at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation