The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a Communications Director for its Right on Immigration project. This individual will ideally possess a strong network of national media contacts, and have an advanced understanding of how to promote digital and traditional media. He or she will also possess a keen sense of how media narratives are crafted, especially but not only among conservative audiences. This position will report directly to the Chief Communications Officer.
- Disseminating the work of our immigration-policy scholars across multiple media channels.
- Organizing various policy events/activities designed to educate policymakers, stakeholders, the media and the general public
- Develop and implement proactive and reactive strategies that advance Right on Immigration principles and the Right on Immigration brand through published research, earned and paid media, multimedia, online, and events that leverage and promote signatories, allies, and TPPF’s policy staff
- Work with the team to monitor online discussions and media attention, providing rapid response when necessary to protect or advance the Right on Immigration agenda, brand, and mission
- Serve as the primary point of contact for certain internal and external stakeholders, including media
- Manage consultant and vendor contracts as necessary
- Draft and edit press releases, commentary, creative, and other content, managing the approval process
- Schedule and organize press conferences, speaker panels, and other events
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred
- Experience in public policy or political digital communications
- Deep understanding of social networks including design, functionality, metrics, and users
- Experience placing online paid media, working with creative preferred
- Experience overseeing consultant and vendor contracts preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in public affairs, public relations, or political campaign management
- Proven capabilities in project management
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and public presentation skills
- Experience and proficiency in interacting with legislators, media, stakeholders, and the general public
- Proficiency in developing, executing and tracking media relations, online and word of mouth strategies
Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range and a writing sample to: Gina Van Dyke, Human Resources Manager, Texas Public Policy Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates. While we thank all applicants their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Donate to the
Texas Public Policy
Your contributions make Texas and
the nation more free. Donate to Texas Public Policy Foundation