Now Seeking Applications For
Campaign Associate, Right on Crime
The Campaign Associate will be responsible for assisting the Communications Director for our national Right on Crime campaign. The Campaign Associate will keep track of the campaign’s progress, creating spreadsheets and flow charts, writing quarterly reports, tracking staff time, creating agendas and taking notes at meetings, and following up on campaign action items. This person will also help with the campaign’s website maintenance, social media outreach, signatory recruitment and outreach, vendor relationships, and other administrative duties.
Responsibilities and Duties also include:
- Daily media clip archiving, news monitoring
- Media coverage/performance reporting, generating charts
- Regularly maintaining media tracking software
- Reviewing coverage (tags, duplicates, etc.), creating graphs and charts, creating and maintaining media contact lists, inputting print clips, as needed
- Posting blogs, video, audio, news hits and commentaries to RightOnCrime.com
- General maintenance and administration of RightOnCrime.com
- Tracking and reporting of online analytics
- Administration of email lists
- Email newsletter management
- Still photography for events
- General graphic design for website, banner ads, etc.
- Drafting of press releases, media advisories
- Distribute press items to media, as needed
- Contacting media personnel and coalition organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, government or journalism preferred
- Work experience in communications or campaigns a plus
- Multimedia skills
- Must be self-directed, goal oriented, and able to manage multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate to Expert knowledge with Microsoft Office Package, including but not limited to: Outlook, Word, and Excel programs
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, and be well-organized
Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range and a writing sample to:
Texas Public Policy Foundation
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
Now Hiring: Internship Program
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is pleased to announce our semester-based internship program. We have internship positions available every Fall, Spring, and Summer.
These positions give undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to enter the state policy realm with Texas’ leading free market think tank. Download the position information and application form.
Charles G. Koch Summer Fellow Program
Interested applicants can also intern at the Texas Public Policy Foundation through the Charles G. Koch Summer Fellow Program, administered by the Charles Koch Institute and the State Policy Network. In addition to an eight-week summer internship, the program provides a $4,800 stipend, travel reimbursement, and two week-long seminars in Washington, DC, with other fellows interning at think tanks across the United States. Applicants should apply separately to this program here. Deadline: January 31 of each year.